It’s been a very busy week, and sadly, I was not successful being keto. But I graduated my middle child, cheered for him at the meet of champions and spent several evenings watching for and hiding from tornadoes. One must love Oklahoma in the Spring!
But at least school is out for the summer and things are going to be much more relaxed for me.
After eating grain free for 5 days, the pain in my joints had begun to ease up quite a bit. But once the week got away from me, and I gave in to the temptation of drive thru on the run just to make it through the week, the pain began to return. Just a nice reminder that preperation is paramount! My goal for the week is to have my lunch and breakfast prepared the night before on days when I have to leave the house early. My plan for breakfast is to prepare some keto waffles and keep them in the fridge to be thrown in the toaster paired with berry compote or almond butter… or maybe both, and some precooked bacon or sausage.
When I eat healthy I seldom want a meal mid-day, but I will prepare a snack just in case. I’d love to hear what your favorite ‘go to’ snacks that keep in a hot car. Of course nuts and pork rinds will be at the top of the list.
Dinners are always my biggest challenge, since I tend to want to prepare tasty recipes with many indredients. This is something I’m going to be working on. But here is my plan for the week.
- Sunday: Steak with herbed butter, twice baked cauliflower, salad
- Monday: Pulled pork roast in the crock pot (a good opportunity to try some keto bread recipes to make pulled pork recipes) vegetables in butter
- Tuesday- Leftover pulled pork, vegetables in butter
- Wednesday – Left Over pulled pork, vegetables in butter. (Freeze any leftovers)
- Thursday: Garlic Butter Shrimp over zoodles,
- Friday: Pork Rind Nachos
- Saturday: At the Renaissance Festival! Smoked Turkey Leg… not sure there is much more available to me, so I would be wise to eat before going in.
It feels good to have developed a meal plan for the week that is uncomplicated and I should be able to stick with. I can’t wait to get out and take some pictures and just enjoy the atmosphere of the festival this weekend. And then it’s off to South Padre Island next weekend. Lots of opportunities to eat health down there, and lots of me time to relax and get centered.
Wishing you all a healthy and successful week.